Many times my clients come to me wanting to work towards accomplishing a dream. They can easily describe the dream and eagerly share how it will impact their life. Then the action steps of how to accomplish the dream come next. Then week by week, month by month the action steps are delayed or non-existent. What I find time and time again, is that the client's lifestyle does not support their dream. So what are the potential ways your lifestyle can support you in living into your dreams?
1. Are you taking extremely good care of yourself physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally and relationally? Are you functioning at optimum level?
2. Who is holding you accountable? Have you told your accountability partners exactly how and what you want to be held accountable for?
3. Are you using your peak performance time of the day to do your most important work?
4. Are you scheduling and guarding the times set aside to work on the action steps for achieving your dream? Are you being very intentional about your work?
5. How bad do you really want to live into this dream? If you don't want it badly, you will probably never achieve it. You have to feel the desire in your bones and be committed to making it happen. Passion!
6. Are your time frames challenging you or are they unrealistic? Are you allowing yourself the opportunity for course corrections along the way?
7. Are you celebrating the journey? Don't wait for the destination, celebrate each step along the way.
Take some time to reflect on these questions as you start on your journey to achieve your dreams. Reflection, planning and preparation are indeed required for a meaningful and successful journey. Blessings on your journey!